Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Merrie Mimics

Saturday evening, Husband and I got all snazzed up to go to the Merrie Mimics ball. Now, I'm not usually a ball kind of girl, but we were invited by a good friend that I used to work with (who also happens to be the best wedding planner ever), so this would be a great excuse to dress up and see each other again.


And apparently we had such a good time catching up that we failed to take a picture together with my camera. (LC-you'll have to email one to me!) As an additional surprise, I ran into two great friends from college!!!


The friend in the middle happens to be my "little sister" and she and her husband move a lot with his job, so we haven't seen each other in a really long time!!  They have lived much further away than I approve of and I'm thankful to have them back in the state! Even though they are at the complete opposite end of the state, I'll take what I can get.

I was also thrilled to find out that a friend of mine from work (and her rather gigantic husband) were in attendance.


For most of the night the ball looked like a junior high dance. The boys were one side of the ballroom, the girls were on the other, and we were separated by a rather large dance floor. That is what happens when you have a TV and a close football game going on. During the 'opening ceremony' of the evening, the TVs were turned off so that they could have our full attention. (Yeah right! Every fella there had his head bowed over the nearest iPhone, checking the score.) Thank you sweet dates for getting dressed up to watch your football game in style.

By the end of the night we found this cozy area to hang out. (At the risk of being shunned by my coworker, please notice all the bandages she and her husband are sporting!)


After the ball, four of us decided to head across town for the midnight mimosas and breakfast.



The husbands chatted and enjoyed the live music while we ladies caught up on the latest happenings in each other's lives until we could no longer keep our eyes open.

Oh, and got hit on by two rather young Air Force guys.
(we've still got it)
HA-HA!


No comments: