Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye, August!

Well, the hiatus is finally over! Look how busy this place was yesterday!


Let me back up and recap the final days of August....We picked up the front door on the 25th and... 


 it is installed and being stained today!!!


In other door news...THEY'RE IN TOO! The sunroom looks more like a room and less like a porch.

 

I have a feeling that this area will be home to lots of fun fiestas!


Here is the outdoor view of the same area...from the Left:



The Middle:



And the Right:



Husband has big plans for some fun stained glass work. Can't wait to show you what he has in mind!


This will one day be the wall of the office. Currently you can see through it to the master bathroom.


We have the beginning stages of a door to the master closet.


The closet is to the left and our bedroom is to the right.


Let there be lights! Can lights, that is. You really can't tell from this angle just how high it is, but trust me! I walked in one day and there was a ladder balanced on a few narrow boards on top of some scaffolding. No kidding! I hope he will come back to change these light bulbs. In fact, I think I'll just never use those lights...maybe just on special occasions. When they're blown, they're blown people!


The fireplace (although covered) is also here. I confess, he's been here a while, I just keep forgetting to tell you about him.


We also made a tiny adjustment in the loft area. There used to be a post that went all the way to the ceiling at the end of this short wall at the top of the stairs . I could just see this post covered in dirty little finger prints (I know who is living up there) and looking gross, so I begged for it to be changed to just one short wall. Thanks Fitzhughs! I don't think we'll regret it at all.


With the door delay behind us, now things can really start to move along. We met with Electrician to discuss the location of the outlets and light switches and he is hard at work on the wiring process.


Husband's 'little' storage building project is petitioning for its own area code.


It has a shed...


...and an attic.


You know what this means, right?


All of his 'stuff' contained in one nice area that is not the garage!!!!


On the way to the house that day, I also saw an eagle! I screamed  asked politely for Dear Husband to pull over because I was certain that I saw an eagle on the ground and I needed him to witness it too. He pretended to believe me and turned around. Sure enough, there was an eagle looking creature on the ground. However, as we got closer to him, he decided to fly up into a tree. We stalked him to get a closer peek and also to discover that....


he, in fact, was a HAWK. Oh, well...maybe next time we'll see an eagle.

No comments: