Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Waiting

Do you ever just wonder why something has to happen? What purpose does a particular event serve? Perfect example…grad school. I was going to finish in 4 semesters and graduate in August. However, one class didn’t pick up enough students, yada yada yada, and was taken off the schedule until the next semester. While I was devastated at this new change of my plans (and financial burden it created), I now realize the purpose of that 'disaster' was for me to stay put long enough to meet this guy.
Fortunately I didn’t have to wait too long before realizing that there was a purpose to my extra semester. But what happens when you don’t get an answer right away? ...you just sit and wonder. And wait. And sigh. And stare at the wall. And decide you should start exercising. And maybe decide to learn something new...maybe how to cook...quickly realizing your fear of the kitchen, change cooking to sewing. Then sit back and wonder....how is it that I can resist a whole bag of Oreos in the pantry, but I can’t even be patient in real life situations? I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that God has a perfect plan for each of us, but that certainly doesn’t make it any easier for my extremely-impatient-human-self to accept. sigh............

No comments: