Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Snow in September?!?!

Winter comes early at the house, or so it seems from the 'snow' covered garage.


Team Insulation has started, and this just might be the coolest process yet. (other than the mess it makes, of course)


Oh, and the windows are in....more on that later.



So, The Insulators have sprayed the ceiling with this foamy-looking stuff. Can't you just imagine them walking around in hazmat suits with ghost-buster style backpacks and hoses spraying the ceilings?!?


That might not be what they actually look like, but I like to think they do. Since my j.o.b. interferes with actually watching these worker bees, how do I know they don't wear all that!


This side view of their stopping point gives you a nice look at just how thick this fluff really is.


(and I hope it comes off the floor pretty easily!)


Although it looks soft and fluffy, it is quite the opposite. I'm sure it shall keep us nice and toasty in the wintertime :)



I really hate that I didn't take off work to be here to watch it being sprayed. No one told me how cool it would be. This is the area over the garage.


PS-there is a window in this hole now. Stay tuned!!!


The Fitzhughs were hard at work on the porch ceilings while The Insulators were spraying inside.


The wood really is all the same color...not sure why it looks different in these pictures?!?!



Guess what we'll be doing this weekend?


Cleaning this mess that we call the Living Room! Come check it out!
(and bring your broom!!!)

No comments: