Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

He Looka Lika House

Windows are in!


On request from G, the upstairs windows are 'crankable.'


Window in the living room.


Insulation has been smoothed out where the drywall will go.


We have Drywall!!! It is in piles all over the house, but it is here and ready to go!


Now that the windows are in, The Fitzhughs can work on the siding.


The ceiling and arch above the front door is almost finished.


Dining room windows.


Things are going up so fast! I love it!

We also discovered exactly why G asked for 'crankable' windows....and if sneaking out on the roof to read her book is the reason for her request then we are just fine with that. I have a feeling that one day this will not be the reason!!!


The storage building has brick! Both the brick and the mortar are holding moisture right now, so it looks darker in this picture than it will once it has dried. Husband is drinking Pepto and chasing it with Rol-aids until he is convinced it is the look we wanted.


I apologize for the glare, but this set up amazed me. I'm glad they make a contraption to hold the brick...I wouldn't want to keep bending over either!


Cheers to this pick up contraption too! (Wish I'd invented it!)


Diva has quite the climb if she plans to try to sneak out.


Siding is going up on her side too.


Electricians are wiring away.


Oh, and check out the view from Diva's window. She has the perfect view of the sunset!


The mac-daddy window in the foyer is installed too.


Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's going to be beautiful! I love everything. You are going to love all the storage space that has been added. We are so glad we finally got to see it in person...so much better than seeing it on the computer.