Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

♪Up on the Rooftop, roofers crawl...♫

Happy Friday! It has been a rather exhausting week. However, I attribute it to the fact that last weekend I went to my hometown and stayed up way past my bedtime spent some much needed quality time with the family. I had a blast! The trip started with a visit with Mowmow who had just gotten out of the hospital with pneumonia…and turned 82 this Monday. She is doing much better now and was quite cheerful while I was there! (proof that I'm her favorite...perhaps?) While mom was hanging out with my brother and his fiancé, I got to have an evening out with Dad. He took me out to dinner to a relatively new place in town with a scrumptious steak! …And I also happened to run into my college suitemate who was home visiting her family too. Then Dad and I went to visit Little Grandmother. She is just as spunky as ever! Just when I thought the evening was winding down, I got a message from my best friend that she was at her mom’s for the weekend and that I should come see her. Of course we stayed up chatting…that’s what we do. And that is also why I’m still tired a week later!!!

While I was eating too much and staying up too late, husband and the ladies were at home, hard at work cleaning up around the lot. Don’t feel too sorry for them, though, for they did reward themselves with a cookout/pool party at a friend’s house when they were finished.

Speaking of the house…here are some updated (camera phone) pictures. Soon we will not be able to see the 'bones' at all!



While we do have a lot more clean-up scheduled for this weekend, I have penciled in some much needed rest.


Perhaps a little time here will be on the agenda....


Have a relaxing weekend!

No comments: