Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bones

We like to call this phase of the house 'Bones,' and as G likes to say, it looks like this house will have strong bones. These photos were taken on July 8th...I'm just a bit behind in sharing them with you. This is a side view of the front of the house from the garage side.


Moving on to the inside... The ladies are very excited about the upstairs and their new rooms. They are already picking out paint colors. This will be Diva's room...that she plans to paint lime green. The 'box' you can see is her closet.


This is G's room (which will be brown with pink polka dots) and part of her bathroom that she'll share with the guest room.


Here's the view of the front from the street. I'll be glad when that huge pile of wood (covered in plastic) is out of the way :)


I realize I've only been showing you the front of the house, but the back is coming along nicely too. This will the back porch.



To the right of the back porch, we will have an outdoor living area.


And to the right of that will be the master bedroom. See the large window below? Now imagine a window seat on the other side of it! I can't wait!!!


Look at my General Contractor making plans for a stained glass window in the kitchen.


Waaaaay over there, husband (look closely) is standing  in what will one day be a storage building. I'm hoping this storage building will mean that we'll be able to park both cars in the garage!!


While inspecting the area for the storage building, something caught my eye...


I took a closer look....


..then immediately decided that my general contractor would become the exterminator the next time we visit the lot. Be afraid little ants! Your days are numbered!!!


We went back to check things out on the 11th with ant killer in hand!
They've added more bones to the roof.


Below is the foyer--I like to call this area 'Where a big, fat, (real) Christmas tree will go'


I can't wait for these stairs to be finished. I'm not crazy about climbing ladders to check out the 2nd floor!


This is what G's room looks like with a top on it.


This contraption has been set up outside Diva's room so the guys can stand on it to reach the top and make the roof.  No way am I standing on a 10 inch wide board that high in the air.


I really am thankful for the framers. These guys have been working out in the extremely hot sun, high above a concrete slab. They are so good to clean up after themselves and put their trash in cans we've set up for them. They've got a tough job that I know I could never do. I have a whole new respect for people who can see something on paper and turn it into a house! Simply amazing....

1 comment:

molly b. said...

how exciting! i think my favorite part is the outdoor living area! can we plan a date for some cocktails to break it in?!