Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

lights and tubs and toilets...OH MY!

Once upon a time, I fell in love with a chandelier. This traditional, wrought iron and wooden, 9-candlebra chandelier caught my attention with its simplicity. Originally, I thought it was plain While not immediately in love, I found myself drawn back to it because it was just so different than everything else that we had looked at. Where could it go? ...over the table in the breakfast nook..?? We went home that day with a stack of books of everything from crystal chandeliers to fluorescent garage lighting and ceiling fans. We decided to simmer on it for a while and then go back when we'd narrowed down our choices a bit more. Last Friday we were finally ready to return to the store. By this point we were convinced that wooden number would be at the top of our list.


I do wish that 1.) I'd had more than my phone with me and 2.) I'd turned all the bulbs off to get the full image without the distracting glow.  But you kinda get the picture. After examining it this time, we realized that we weren't as in love with it as we had thought. In fact, we were over it entirely. Still in search of something different, we stumbled upon this guy:


It had me at 'Umber Swirl Glass.' mmmmm... All the other lights had white globes or shades. They were either too "girly" (in Husband's opinion) or too "bachelor pad" (in my opinion). We both liked this one. And then these pendants could go over the island.


I think we've found our winner.


We still needed to find something for the foyer. We'll have 20 foot ceilings, so we've affectionately dubbed this one "Big Daddy." (minus the shades...I'm not a huge fan of those)

Saturday morning, we went to pick out can lighting, bathtubs and toilets. Nothing too exciting about can lights and toilets, but I love this TUB! (feet will be oil rubbed bronze)

Editorial note from husband:
Back to toilets for a moment, they are exciting if you need one really badly and you think there is not going to be one and all of a sudden you find one. Better yet, you find an elongated one that was built before the tree huggers got their green little hands on it so it would conserve water. The only problem is that now instead of 1 big flush that would peel the paint of the wall, you have three wimpy flushes that use twice as much water and make you wonder if you will need a forth flush.



No comments: