Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Preparation

At around 20 weeks, I started finally feeling great. No more sickness. I had an appetite. I got this incredible new surge of energy! That's when it hit me. This baby is halfway here! I keep telling myself that we have plenty of time. February is in 2012....that's next year. I shouldn't worry that we don't have a crib, bedding, or anything else besides the stack of diapers that is accumulating under the stairs. But we're halfway there! The week days are busy with activities with the girls and we have every weekend booked till Thanksgiving...
Enter freak out moment.

This baby is about to be here and is going to be sleeping in a dresser drawer because we don't have a crib and the nursery is still an office and we don't have any of the furniture finished and we don't have the doors finished and where am I going to store all the office furniture and, and, and....Needless to say there were tears. (Dang these hormones!) The fact that I've had a couple of friends here lately to go into labor early  hasn't eased my anxiousness either.

So, Saturday, sweet/wonderful Husband gave up his afternoon of watching football so that we could check a few things off our list. (I would like to note that we did end up at a Mexican restaurant with many TVs just in time for the Auburn game) 

First up...Cribs! This was a very successful shopping trip. We found a crib that we both liked and it comes in a color called snowdrift...which is like an antique white. Pretty, pretty!



Then we saw this changing table which just so happens to be...


Reversible! I couldn't find a picture online, but you can get the basic idea :)


The changing table top becomes the decorative bottom. You just take the drawers out, flip it, and put the drawers back in! Ta-da! Big kid dresser.

(Pictures from here)

We did look for bedding while we were there, and found some that we liked, but nothing that we couldn't live without. So, the search continues... For now, we've made progress and this Momma's happy!

On the refinishing side of things... My Mom is giving me her old rocker to use in our nursery and Dad is stripping the finish off so that we can paint it to match. I'll share more of that process soon, but until then...Here's a (waaaaaay) before picture...if you can get past the baby picture of little brother...hee hee!



No comments: