Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Nursery update

Before the nursery update, I wanted to let you know that I got a call from the nurse this morning and my glucose test came back normal this time! Praise the Lord!!!! Thank you all for your prayers!

My parents came down this weekend for a visit and to help us get some things together for the nursery. I'm not sure that they were quite prepared for all the work we had planned! Sorry guys! Saturday, while Mom and I went to pick up the crib, Dad and Husband painted some furniture. By furniture, I mean a large armoire and the rocker.




It was a bit windy outside (and chilly), so they set up a spray booth in the garage. They also attempted to paint this toy chest to match the crib too, but it would not cooperate and turned a nice shade of pepto-ish pink. (Could that be a sign that Its A Girl?)



So, while Mom and I were picking up the crib, we also got this little bouncy/swingy contraption. I know you love my technical terms for baby stuff.


I was a big fan of the colors and the little birds in the pattern. :)


We came home to put together the crib, which was way easier than I was expecting, and started putting the furniture in place!



The bedding also came in last week so we were able to try that on for size too!


I'm so excited that everything is slowly starting to come together. We've come a long way since my minor melt down a few weeks ago!

Husband found a small tree that he has claimed for his own personal project. Here is our first (very small) hint as to what the 'tree project' will eventually be.


Sunday the paint had dried so, after church, we Dad and Husband moved the furniture into the nursery. The toy chest, on the other hand, will take another coat!


A while back Husband got this old magazine table with plans to redo it in chalk paint.


Lots of elbow grease later...we have a new magazine table in the color duck egg.


I think this table will have a home next to the rocker! I love how it turned out! We are slowly getting the nursery put together piece by piece. I think I can start the holiday season now, knowing that we do actually have a place for the baby should he/she decide to come early.
Next on the list....nursery doors!!!!

No comments: