Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baby update

I forgot to tell you guys here, but earlier this month I had my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I've been a great eater...I mean, now that I can eat...so I wasn't worried about this test at all. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was confident that I would pass.

I fasted, took the morning off from work, drank the mysterious beverage that tasted like a flat Fanta, had my blood drawn and was on my way to lunch with Husband in no time. Piece of cake. I was told by my sweet nurse that no news was good news, so I was prepared not to hear from her again for a month. Oh, how wrong I was. The very next morning I got the call that I would have to go back for a 3 hour glucose test the next week! My sugar levels were too high.

This was the worst news ever! I almost starved to death  at  this first test! There is no way I could go for 12 hours with no food or water! This is a type of punishment, not a test!

Friday morning I went back to become the human pin cushion. I had asked for prayers from so many that I was convinced the baby and I would be okay. Armed with a good book and toothpaste/toothbrush, I was all set to take on the flat Fanta and 3 final hours of starvation. THEN I got to the doctor's office and found out it was not the Fanta...it was a more intense version of a flat sprite. I wasn't prepared for a change up on the flavors. I knew I could handle the fanta! I was so afraid of getting sick right there in the middle of the doctor's office. However, I did not. Other than my arm looking like that of a drug addict, I survived the ordeal.

My friend 1L picked me up from the doctors office and whisked me off to get a juicy hamburger! We wait till Monday for my results. Thanks to everyone who is praying for me and baby Adams. A diabetic diet before the holidays would be cruel and unusual punishment to the 10th degree!

No comments: