Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Hello, dear friends! We have had so much fun being off for a few days that I almost didn't come back! Husband and I headed to my hometown on the 23rd, which also happens to be my little Brother's birthday. (Okay, so he's 26...and bigger than me...but he gets so fussy when I call him little brother, that I have to keep it going...after all, I am his sister...its my duty.) We had Christmas Eve with my Dad's side of the family at Little Grandmother's house. How I managed to take a vacation from my camera is beyond me, so you'll just have to take my word for it that we had a great time together and ate entirely too much food and all had the best hair days of our entire lives. Then Hubs and I drove back home to get ready for Santa's arrival!

Christmas morning is always so much fun. You know that you're spending too much time building a house when your kids get presents shaped like this and the first thing they ask is if they're house plans!


They were excited to find out that they were NOT house plans, but were full of decals to go on the walls of their new rooms! Diva got a giant peace sign and G got tons of pink polka dots to scatter about. They also got remotes for their ceiling fans. G was particularly happy about that as she is not a big fan of getting out of the bed. 


These sweet sisters even discussed sharing a few of their presents with each other.


I love these guys!


Speaking of things I loooooove! These!!!!!


Quite possibly THE best gift for any cold natured person on your list! (Thank you Diva) I would have worn them to church if Husband wouldn't have made fun of me.




Next on the agenda was brunch at Mimi and Grandpa's with Husband's sister and her family.



All the grand kids with their Mimi and Grandpa...


Husband and I even managed to get a picture by ourselves. (Although we both look like we could use a nap!)

G is recovering from her surgery nicely. She was able to eat some mashed potatoes and homemade mac and cheese. One gift in particular came in pretty handy while she is still in quiet mode.
The crayola crayon maker:


Pretty snazzy, huh? Sure beats ruining one of mom's pans to make them on the oven like we used to!
Step one (after you've used up the 6 crayons provided): find a bunch of old crayons


Step two: carefully remove all paper from old crayons.


Step three: break the crayons into pieces and select your desired colors.


The machine does the rest! We doodled the day away!


I hope that you all had just as wonderful of a Christmas as our family did!!!

No comments: