Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Each year the families of our church get together in the church parking lot for Trunk or Treat. The kids dress in their Halloween costumes and go Trick-or-Treating to the decorated trunks. Mimi and Grandpa came back from their month-long art show in Gatlinburg just in time to participate.

"Miley Cyrus" paused to take a picture in front of Mimi's trunk.
Did I say Mimi? I meant, Little Red Riding Hood!
I dressed as a 'night owl.'
Meet my oldest nephew AKA Billy the Exterminator.
My youngest nephew, Indiana Jones, had to be tackled to have his picture made.
If you don't have a trunk, feel free to decorate your tail gate...
...or the hatch of your SUV. How cute are these pumpkin heads!?!?
As I was walking into the Fellowship Hall for dinner, I heard something. A little squeak. I thought someone was playing a prank on me, but it kept getting louder and closer. I looked up and I saw a TINY white kitten in the middle of the street. When I ran over to kitty, she ran back down into a drainage hole in the side of the road. I was finally able to convince her that I was just trying to be helpful and she came out and started purring. The kids decided that we should keep her and give her a Halloween name. Indiana Jones decided her name should be Boo like a ghost. So, Boo she shall be.
Thankfully, Boo was adopted that night (by someone other than myself) and I feel certain she'll be very happy living somewhere other than the town's drainage system.
The grand kids are very proud to announce that Little Red Riding Hood's trunk won first place in the trunk decorating contest! We all had the best time and a sugar high.

No comments: