Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lost and Found

We had an open house at our current residence last week and, in my mad dash to straighten up, I managed to hide my camera cords from myself. I continued to document life as it busily swirled around us and searched for my missing cords at any spare moment. Just as I had about given up all hope, I checked my night stand. THERE IT WAS!!! Praise the Lord! (Really, who puts cords in there?) Who knows what other treasures that I've hidden from myself I'll find when we finally do start moving!!!

In other news, G had a birthday party last Friday night. Lots of little girls came over to watch a movie under the stars.
 
We sent 'movie ticket' invitations, popped popcorn and even had Hollywood plates, napkins, and tablecloth. We hooked the DVD player up to a projector and hung a movie screen in the back yard (a sheet hanging from the gutters) and had blankets and pillows on the deck so they could lounge comfortably during the flick.
We did not, however, calculate the short attention span of 11-year-olds! They road the golf cart until everyone had arrived, then ate pizza, watched part of one movie, had cake, decided to watch a different movie, made it 30 minutes into that movie before deciding to ride the golf cart till the battery died, played musical chairs for about 30 minutes before ditching the chairs and just having a dance party on the deck until the parents arrived. After all the girls went home, we moved the 'theater' inside to Diva's room where our two finished the movies on the wall. (..and we all slept soundly that night!)

After sleeping WAY late on Saturday (till 10:00 if you just have to know!!!), we went to check out the house. What do you think about the stone?
Masons have also finished the stone bases that the columns will sit on.
 I love! Love! Love! how this turned out!
Speaking of Rocks. Well, we really weren't, but we can now... We're in the market for some really large rocks.
I'm talking ginormous boulders.
 These will go around the back yard and create a waterfall/'diving board.'
I feel certain it will look great!
 My description might not sound so fabulous, but I've seen pictures... 
Maybe even something kinda like this... (Just the rocks, though, not that style of pool) 
Monday night a friend of mine was in town for a meeting, and instead of driving home so late at night, she came over to stay with us....AND brought a surprise! A pair of these little guys:
What a fun treasure!
The other one is blue...and their heads bobble! (Thanks, friend! Such an unexpected delight!)

On that note, I'm out. I'll be back soon with paint samples and two words you never want to hear a construction guy say.

No comments: