Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dust to Dust

Saturday was absolutely the most beautiful day ever! It was actually chilly (to me)! Husband and I didn't mind getting up early to head to the house for our weekend clean up routine.

The dry wall is all hung and ready for the Mudders to start on Monday.
We've decided to leave this area under the stairs open so that we can reach the back of the entertainment center. Who wants to struggle with cords when you can leave a hidden panel open in the back of the cabinet, right?! (wish I could take credit for this genius idea...but it really came from the sound guy)
The house looks so bright and airy. I can finally begin to imagine where our things will eventually go.
(I'm also hoping to talk Husband into a dining room table...since we'll actually have a dining room in this house.)
The ceiling in the living room turned out pretty cool. I think because our house now has vaulted ceilings, that's what I imagined this house to have...even though I know the plans don't show it that way. HA! I was actually surprised when I realized they were flat, but I really like it. This room feels so open.
I can't wait for the mantel to go up!
Here is the hallway to the kitchen...
Here is the angle from the front door:
AND (drum roll please) all the piles are gone and you can now see the dining room!!!!
*Please note the layer of dust that covers the floor. 
The stairs are closed in:
Check out the stone!
The brickers finished this area around the garage and have started working around the front door. The transoms should be replaced next week so that they can finish bricking the front porch.
We are pretty pumped to have all the different rooms clearly defined by actual walls. If you come to visit now, you're sure to take a layer of dust with you! Dry wall is quite possibly the messiest stage of this process yet.

No comments: