Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Time to Celebrate

Birthday Week has been a blast. We celebrated on Tuesday night at Mimi and Grandpa's house with a big birthday dinner with Husband's side of the family. Thursday morning we grabbed breakfast and headed to the Coffee Shop where we met up with my sister in law Nanie (pronounced with a long 'a') and my cousin (who happens to take the girls to school in the mornings...we'll just call her Nanny :)
Thursday night we had sushi for birthday dinner and then dropped Diva off at her school's bonfire pep rally. (This is their Homecoming Week, and Diva has enjoyed being uniform-free for 5 days!) G had requested that we sock-roll her hair so that it would be nice and curly for her birthday.
**Let me take a moment to say that I would love nothing more than to post the 'before' shots of the sock-rolling. However I have made a solemn pinky-promise not to. and have been threatened within an inch of my life if I do. Amen.**

We woke up bright and early this morning to put the finishing touches on hair---I think it turned out nicely.
Beautiful.
Just a few birthday pics before opening presents...

Hot Pocket with candles--the breakfast of champions!
Before you turn us in for child abuse, I promise she requested that for breakfast this morning. We have witnesses. Ask Nanny...she'll tell you the unusual breakfast requests from this bunch.
Finally time for presents! A new jacket, that is super soft.
A watch with some bling.
And a gift card and silly bands from Sister. Over all I think we have a happy 11 year old.

No comments: