Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend Projects=Nursery Update

All the rain this past weekend created the perfect excuse to stay in and get some work done! I mean, we had a serious project weekend. After all, we do have a nursery to finish up!

While Husband took care of some outside jobs, I worked to straighten up the nursery. I opened, folded and found homes for all of Crumb's gifts and then dusted, swept and mopped. After that, I moved into the living room where I had this random and uncontrollable urge to move all the furniture to vacuum and mop under and behind it. Who does that on a Saturday afternoon?!?!?


I not sure sure where this little burst of energy came from but I sure would love if it stayed around for a while!!

Husband found a window frame in what I like to call his "random stash of old stuff" that he turned into a cool mirror for the nursery. It also gave him a great excuse to use his new found love...chalk paint!


Here are a couple of other projects that we added to the wall decor.



The frame to the left was made by the most wonderful boss and his very talented wife. He made the frame from the wood of old benches that used to be by the pool at the Grand Hotel and she created the middle section, which is fused glass that was recycled from wine bottles and fired in a kiln.

The one on the right Husband and I made with an empty frame, tea olive twigs and hot glue. Easy Peasy!


Husband also salvaged an old 12 inch board from the Glass Studio which he cut into 16 inch sections. I used the chalk paint to do the birds and used some left over wall color (called lemongrass) for the verse.
Now we just need to hang them above the crib.


I did get a sneak peek at the curtains last week and I'm so excited about them! You'll have to wait for the finished project to see them! :) Oh, and we got a rug!...which I didn't take a picture of...sorry. I had wanted a large, grassy green rug, but apparently green shag is frowned upon these days. Oh, well...we found a neutral colored one that we like and we'll be able to use it after the nursery.

I feel much better now that we've gotten this much done! ...especially since February is a week away!


I'm 35 weeks and wondering how much more room this baby needs!!



1 comment:

Samantha Fetner Baggett said...

Melanie - I love keeping up with you and little crumb!! The nursery is breathtaking and YOU ARE TOO ADORABLE!!!! I told Zack last night after showing him your picture..."I don't really like cut pregnant girls!" hehehe (because I am sure that when my time comes I will not look like I have just a little basketball under my clothes)
You look wonderful and I hope you are feeling great!!!
Praying for you, the fam and CRUMB!