Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The baby party

On January 14th some of our friends hosted a couples shower for us. Well, since the fellas cringed at the idea of having to go to a shower, it was renamed 'The Baby Party.' Invitations stated this party was to help feather our nest, so the cupcakes very appropriately had little nests with jelly bean eggs on top!
What a cute idea, huh?!?


We had such a great time!!! I handed my camera over to friends who documented the evening for me.


My dear friend (and former college roommate) is due exactly a month after me! She and her husband drove down from north Alabama to celebrate with us!



The activity of the night was to hand paint onesies or bibs for the baby. ...and I almost went into labor watching and laughing at the level of seriousness this activity took on.

What started out as just the girls, quickly turned into a competition with the boys.


...and the boys were rather creative.


I had to promise that the baby would wear every single outfit, in public, and that I'd take a picture of the occasion and send to the designer! :)









It was fun to look at them all and see what everyone thinks the baby will be.


...from the looks of things, everyone is guessing that its a boy!



We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends to help us prepare for the arrival of our little Crumb. Thank you all for the sweet gifts and much needed advice on how to use them :)

No comments: