Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's at the Glass Studio

Holy Cow!!! What's up with February!?!? Whether I like it or not, this month came and managed to skip right to the middle without even asking! I'll admit that I've been in denial about February. If I didn't acknowledge it then surely my sweet, precious, angel won't turn one. Right?  Well....

Perhaps the first few weeks slipped away from me because I was busy working at the Studio to help get ready for our Valentine's Party. We swept, dusted, polished, and rearranged to get everything ready for last Sunday's big event.  Meme and I worked on the displays while Husband and Grandpa soldered their little fingers to the bones on the new items. (such as these amazing TROY logos!)



Oh, and baked. I...yes, I...BAKED! Twice actually. Grandpa wanted tea cakes, coffee, and punch for the party, and that inspired me to try out my Little Grandmother's tea cake recipe that I have framed in my kitchen. After calling her twice, I finally talked myself into breaking out the measuring spoons and getting dirty! (You're just going to have to take my word on this. There was too much flour to break out the camera.)

Friday night- batch one. I tweaked the recipe and used Splenda instead of sugar...and I may or may not  have made the cookies a little too fat. (Husband, who likes thin/crunchy cookies said a LOT too fat) They tasted good, but they were far from pretty. In fact, they looked more like biscuits. Which lead to...

Saturday night- batch two. I went with the real deal sugar and made the cookies out thinner this time. These looked much better and didn't crack like Friday night's. People ate them at the party and lived to tell about it, so I call it a huge success!

In the end, the party was a blast! We had a great turnout and everything looked great if I do say so myself. :)







No comments: