Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Birthday Week

Happy Birthday week to a certain little Crumb!!! 
Can you believe that a year has gone by already!? I cannot believe that this time last year I was stressing about delivery...and yet dying to know what he/she would be!!! I had never changed a diaper before. Ever. And my biggest fear was how to feed this new little creature that would depend on me completely. Well, thousands of diaper changes later, we've both survived and learned A LOT! It really does just come to you. (probably in sleep-deprived visions caused by all those early morning feedings, but regardless it comes to you)  I especially cannot believe that tonight (hopefully) I will tuck in my little baby girl and tomorrow I'll wake up to a big girl! A one-year-old! The last sticker in the 12 month pack. Cliche as it may be...it really does fly by. 

So, how have we been celebrating this first birthday week you might ask?
At the pediatrician!


This little one developed a terrible cough, which lead to a couple of sleepless nights on the couch for the two of us. Then she got a temperature so we headed to the doc. Diagnosis: bronchiolitis. 


Which translates into breathing treatments every four hours. We did a little birthday shopping at Jones' Medical for a nebulizer. The first couple of times Husband and I had to hold her down while she kicked, cried, and fought like crazy not to participate in these treatments. Pitiful. This Mama almost threw in the towel and declared it a Daddy duty!


However, we're on day two of the treatments and she's decided that Sami the Seal might not be so bad after all. She is breathing much better now and hopefully tonight will bring a few more Zzzzz's. 





No comments: