Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Last Day

Sorry to leave you hanging about my news, but we've had a lot going on lately and the blog had to take a quick back seat. So, here it goes....

After much consideration, Husband and I decided that I would stay at home with our little one!! Whoop, Whoop!!!! And look at this face! I think she's as pumped as I am about this new arrangement.


Friday was my last day of work and my fabulous coworkers had a Melabration!
bhahahahahahaha!


We had a traditional celebratory breakfast, which consisted of the usual breakfast items-bagels, quiche, sausage + egg, etc...as well as cookies and cupcakes for an afternoon snack! So much fun with such wonderful friends!!

Then there's this guy...Mike. He hired me way back in 2007. He calls me Melski, and underneath that business facade he's a closet hippie that hitch-hiked his way across the US in the 70s, and would rather get a homemade present than a store bought gift any day. Oh, and he makes his own beer. If that doesn't make him the best boss ever, I don't know what does!!! No day was ever the same with this guy around!


He gives out his 'rock star' award. They are actual rocks that he writes on and gives out to people that have had comments made about them to him directly. Then a picture of the two of you goes on his 'Wall of Fame.' He surprised me at the breakfast with a sweet speech and awarded me with the one-of-a-kind, multi-colored rock that he brought back from Maine. (remember, I told you he was a hippie)

Leaving was bitter sweet. Those guys were more than just co-workers. We've been together for over 5 years and they're more like family than anything else. Then I just think that I was spending 5 hours a week with this girl and 10 hours a week in my car going to and from work...I know that I'm doing what is best for us, and I'm soooo thankful to be able to stay home with her.



I've never, not worked. Even before I could drive I was babysitting. This is going to be quite the adjustment, but I'm up for the challenge. I know my house isn't going to be as clean as I think it can be and some days Baby Girl is going to be more demanding and cry all day...like Tuesday...and I'll feel like I'm doing everything wrong. But we'll figure it out.


Please keep us in your prayers during this transition and feel free to send me any baby instruction manuals that you may have!



No comments: