Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Big Easy

Week one is in the books. My new boss can be pretty demanding. She even makes me work nights and weekends. The nerve!

Day one was perfect! She played ever so sweetly while I did laundry, vacuumed, and basically cleaned the whole house. Day two...not so much!!! I couldn't leave the room without her screaming...which, she's not much of a crier (unless its meal time) so this was very uncharacteristic. At one point she was trying to play, even had a toy in each hand, and was still crying. The next day I had to take her to get a couple of shots, so I asked if the doctor would give her a general tune up. As it turned out.. MC is in perfect health and is teething! Teeth! Pesky little suckers. However, thanks to Sophie the Giraffe and Children's Tylenol, the rest of the week was much better!


That was also G's 13th birthday week! She woke up on birthday morning to a balloon avalanche and birthday week decorations!


After school we had a celebratory birthday dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. With an owl cookie cake!!!


Look at these sweet friends! Such pretty girls!


Last week Husband had a business trip to New Orleans and I decided to tag along with him. My parents came down to keep MC, and I'm sure she was spoiled beyond imagination!


While he was in class all day, I roamed around the city and checked out the French Quarter, Garden District, Warehouse District...


I also slept late and took naps...just because I could! 
Does it mean that I'm old if I consider 8:00 am sleeping in these days!?
 

We did have a fun get away, even if it was a work trip, and I know Honey and Papa had a blast with this little girl.



It definitely looks like she had a great time with them!


...and just in case if you're wondering what typing a post looks like for me now. Here ya go!


Life is soooo good! :)

No comments: