Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Patty-Cakes

About four months ago I took MC to have her Patty-Cakes made. The girls had had theirs done when they were wee babes, so of course we had to have a matching shadow box made for little sister. (I am the slacker that hasn't gotten them hung, so no pictures of them yet. Soon! I promise.)

Although I made the appointment just to have her little prints bronzed and framed, I ended up leaving as a licensed Patty-Cake consultant!! It takes about 10-12 weeks to get an order back, and I'm excited to show off some of my first impressions!

Baby B snoozed through our appointment so she was very relaxed...which made for these perfect prints!


Baby S decided to grace us with his presence WAY early, so his nurse actually took these prints when he was just a day old. Both of his hands and feet fit on ONE PATTY!!!


He is quite the fighter and I'm happy to announce that he is finally at home and growing like a weed!


I had the honor of meeting this sweet family and creating a shadow box for them. Baby F was born with an extremely rare condition where she had a large duplication of chromosome 16 that latched on to chromosome 19.  Her mom tells about their journey here. I was very excited to get this shadow box completed because I know it means a lot for her parents to get to see her little hand and foot again.  
 


I have enjoyed meeting these babies and making these lasting impressions for their parents and grandparents. Now that I'm home, I've been able to focus more time on patty-caking and am really excited about the projects I'm currently working on.

Feel free to tell your friends with babies! :)

No comments: