Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day

While the girls have celebrated Mother's Day with me the past few years, this was my first official Mother's Day as a legit mother. Unfortunately Husband had a business trip to Baltimore (of all places) and had to leave bright and early Sunday morning. So we celebrated on Saturday. G and Diva came in holding MCeeLo and MCeeLo was holding the gift bag. She was all smiles...until I took the bag from her. These ladies were pretty sneaky and had a necklace made for me with matching earrings. I had seen the necklace last year at Troy Fest and fell in love! I didn't get it and had hoped to get it this year. When I got to the booth she didn't have anything like it at all. I'll admit it. I was pretty disappointed, but she said shed try to get some new stones in and give me a shout. Little did I know, these ladies (and their sneaky aunt) had her make a new necklace with the stones that I loved and somehow were able to get it without me knowing. I absolutely love it! I have a stone for each of my girls... and a certificate for a mani/pedi-which I can't wait to use! Then Sunday we saw Husband off for his trip, MCeeLo and I went to church, and then she and I headed north to spend a few days with my side of the family. Thanks to all my girls and their sweet daddy for an extra special Mother's Day!!

No comments: