Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Bachelorette

It seems like practically all my friends that have had babies in the last year have all had boys. All the ones born around the time of CeeLo have been boys except for one. Which means that, when she's 30 and can date, CeeLo will have plenty of suitors to choose from.

While we were off, we stopped by to visit some of these fellows. It was like The Bachelorette! First up...
Meet Baby BG! His mom and I work together and we were due exactly a week apart.


She is originally from Mexico City and we were all really excited for her when her mom was allowed to enter the country AND stay for 3 months to help her with the baby. On the day I stopped by, Mom prepared the most delicious Mexican food that I've ever tasted. I begged her to come move in with me, ...but she didn't speak a lick of English, so I didn't get very far with my requests.


He's a cutie pie and looks just like his Mama!
(and check out my newly developed muscle. Thank you 100 lb car seat!)


Bachelor #2...Baby C. His mom is my Chi Omega Big Sister, so these two are destined to be a part of each other's lives. As you can tell, they were very impressed with each other. It was funny because one would cry and then the other would try to cry louder. This dialog went on for a bit as they weren't quite sure what to think of each other. (CeeLo looks like a giant next to 2 week old Baby C!)


Eventually they did chill out and perhaps even grew to like each other. Only time will tell...


Bachelor #3...Baby K. He belongs to my best friend from High School. CeeLo didn't make a very good first impression as she soiled herself and then spit up all over his mother. Fortunately for her, K slept through that embarrassing moment and won't remember a thing.


Thankfully for them both, their second meeting weeks later went much better!


Bachelor #4, Baby BD. His mom and I are sorority sisters and were suite mates in college and their dads are pals from way back...in fact, Husband and I met during wedding festivities for them. Guess they get the official credit for bringing us together.


BD tried to make a move and CeeLo would have none of it! 


Fortunately, big brother was there to console her. (that's right, CeeLo...go for the older man!)


Husband...Close your eyes on this next one. CeeLo's first kiss!
Have mercy!


Who will get the final rose? Stay tuned to see how the drama unfolds...

No comments: