Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chats with One L...

So, several of my work friends have either recently had or are having babies. I guess we're at that age now where wedding showers morph into baby showers, huh? So, before I get to the email from one of them, here's a brief run down on them all...

I met One L first. She gets her name because she spells her real name with one 'L' as opposed to the traditional two. One L had her son, who I call Teddy, last February. Then there is Kay who is married to an extremely tall man, so I call their son Andre...as in the Giant! Andre was due the end of October, but decided to make his grand appearance into the world a month early and is doing great! Next we have Mamacita, who is due a week after me and just recently found out she's having a boy....We'll call him the Bambino until I stumble upon a more fitting nick name for him.

After Andre was born One L and I had the following conversation:

1L: Did you get to see Kay and Baby Andre yesterday?
ME: I DID!!! He is SO stinking cute and actually opened his eyes for me!  Ya know…even though I think my baby is a girl, I almost hope she’s a boy. I’d hate to have Teddy and Andre fighting over who gets to date her!
1L: I did not think about that! Please be a boy….. please be a boy…….
ME: I know! I’d hate for her to come between the boys! J
1L: Well…. it will all depend on what she likes. Teddy is going to be a baseball player and Andre is going to be a bull rider……..
ME: …and we also have to figure out what The Bambino will be too! oh, this could be dangerous! You know she’s gonna be a heart breaker!
1L: You are not going to be disappointed if she is a he, right?  
ME: no, just really really surprised!
1L: ...The Bambino will own a Mexican restaurant.
ME: Ahahahah!!!! I love your predictions. So,what will my baby do?
1L: Well…. at this rate with her choice of men….. She will be a stay at home mom!!
...Can I just come to the 20 week ultra sound and the tech can show me and you and the Husband look away?!?!?!






No comments: