Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Red's

I keep forgetting to tell you about our trip to Red's Little School House Restaurant! A couple of weekends ago. Husband and I, along with the rest of his family, took a trip to visit his youngest brother and our sister-in-law and see their new home. I do wish I had the before and after pictures of their house to show you because the 'before' paint colors alone were...um...well...lets just call them creative! :)

After our tour, we had a Father's day/June birthday celebration complete with the best homemade chocolate cake in the world! Then it was time for dinner! (Kudos to whoever decided to have dessert first! You're my hero!!!)


**I will apologize for the terrible pictures lately. It is just so much easier to take a quick picture with my phone and email it to myself than to download my camera. I know, lazy...whatever...**


The specials were written on the chalk board, but after passing the buffet, I knew what I was having!!


Our place mats were maps of the area. Apparently, I'm terrible with maps because it took me forever just to figure out where we were!


The old tables and chairs added to the atmosphere of the place.


Entertainment for the evening came in the form of our cook. She came out to check on us several times and even sang one and a half songs...until she was called away because something was burning on the stove!


AND the deliciousness that was on the buffet could have been prepared by your very own grandmother! Of course, most everything is fried (as we are in the south), but it is soul food and that's good for you every once and a while! Red's is certainly a place you should experience if ever you have the opportunity.





1 comment:

Alison said...

I have been to Red's, we use to go all the time. It is DEVINE!!