Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Inside Job

The entire house is covered in dust and dirt and mud and sand and dust and trash and boxes and dust! The more I clean, the more manages to appear. It starts to hurt your feelings after a while...Saturday, my goal was to rid the house of all the trash and shop vac all the floors.


Each room held its own stash of building supplies. The office looks like it has been claimed by the painters.


The dining room is now a catch-all for empty buckets, containers and scaffolding.


While I do appreciate all the work from each team that comes in, I do wish they didn't leave such a mess behind. :)


It was hard to know where to even get started.


I started in the great room so that the flooring guys would have somewhere to stack the hard wood they delivered. The fireplace is ready for a cozy fire. Look closely...you can see that the gas guys have hooked up the logs.


Remember the disaster zone that was our master bedroom a few days ago? Well, the trash is long gone and the floors have been shop-vac'd clean. Bless the inventor of the shop vac! I (and my back) are forever in your debt.

What a feeling of accomplishment to see the floors again.


You can eat off these bad boys!

Have I shown you the light fixtures in the bathroom? I can't remember when they were installed...my brain is mush.

Oh yeah, and that is a sunset that you see from the bathroom windows. It was a looooong day's work! And since I've finally caught up on last weekend, I guess we can now start the next!

No comments: