Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Stained Glass Windows

My husband is simply amazing! How he can work all day, come home, THEN go to the studio to work on the next stained glass project!?!?! I'm tired just thinking about it! I feel certain that if I had to anything creative after working all day, it would not be very high quality at all! Needless to say...he amazes me!


 Now, normally I leave him to his designs and I wait for the big reveal. This time, however, I actually graced the studio with my presence...but just to do a little polishing! 

After he draws the pattern and cuts and grinds the glass, it is time for each piece to be foiled. The middle stage looks like this: 


The next step is to solder (thanks sister in law for the correct spelling) the pieces together.


(Please note, he can make a huge window in one week and it took me 3 hours to make this little hummingbird!)

(Photo circa 2007...before we were engaged!)
And here is his finished product that was installed on Sunday!! 


I can't wait to see what it looks like from the front yard with the lights on behind it!!!


I hope you all have a happy weekend!

No comments: