Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Intentions

I had the best intentions with this post. These pictures were downloaded at least seven days ago, uploaded to the blog three days ago, and then...well, that's about it. So, here I am, finally. These are from my phone, so bear with me.

The chandelier is up in the breakfast nook and the cushion for the window seat is in the works.



The dining room chandelier is also installed. Whatcha think?


This week has brought so many new, little details....like bulbs for that chandelier and covers for outlets and light switches.


The tile guys came back to finish up. I'm excited to have the area around the fireplace finished and ready for the gas guys to hook up the logs. Soon I shall have a fire at the click of a button! (Since I have a fear of putting logs on a real fire, this is great news for me!)


The tile guys also wrapped up the back splash.


We lack a little bit of touching up on the ceiling and installing the cabinet doors and the kitchen will officially be finished!!!We now have running water! Sinks can flow, the dishwasher can clean, and toilets can flush!

We're also four feet (literally) closer to having my tub in the bathroom!  Take a close look at this disaster area...we'll revisit it soon.


Those were just a few of the things that happened last week. The sod was delivered on Thursday...which meant that our work was cut out for us this weekend! Friday brought a really great surprise. The driveway guy (who we thought wouldn't be able to start till next week) showed up to start setting things up. His forms are set and, as soon as the rain leaves the forecast, he'll get started pouring the driveway and walkway to the front door. Husband took off last Friday to get started on the sprinkler system. With the help of a really cool trench digger, the ditches for the sprinkler pipes were done in no time. I can't wait to show you what all we accomplished this weekend, but that will have to wait. We worked so hard that now I can barely move. I'll be back after a few Tylenol and a good night's rest!

No comments: