Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Photo Cards for Christmas

October of last year, we took a trip up to Gatlinburg to visit Mimi and Grandpa at an art show. Now, everyone in my family has been almost once a year for their whole lives, but this was my first trip. While at the art show we heard a buzz around the convention center that snow was on the forecast so we set off to find it. Not only did we find snow at the top of the mountain, but we also took this photo that my sister in law used to create our Christmas Cards.


I have always enjoyed getting photo cards from other friends and family and I was pumped to have her make one for us. That's when she taught me how to use Shutterfly. It took no time to create my own account and upload and edit my own pictures. By creating theses online albums, I am able to better organize all my photos and can take advantage of the different products that Shutterfly has to offer.

I have been a fan of scrapbooking since high school and now I use Shutterfly to make photo books. Not only do these photo books make great albums for our family, but they also make great gifts for parents and grandparents that love to show off their families.

There is a never ending list of things you can do with your very own pictures. I have even made my own greeting cards which I think make great personalized birthday/thank-you cards. Eventually I would like to take some of the pictures we've taken from vacations and have them printed on canvas. Like this one:

This is one of my favorite pictures from my trip to Mexico and I can't wait to have it have it on canvas. ...but before I can do all that I have to focus on this years Christmas cards :) Here are a few of my favorites:




Another fabulous thing about Shutterfly is their great deals! A friend of mine told me about this one where Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… learn more: http://bit.ly/sfly2010 . If you have a blog you should check it out. Trust me...you'll be hooked!



No comments: