Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My, my....

Thanksgiving has been very sneaky this year. It has managed to pop up next week with absolutely no warning whatsoever! I think I've been too distracted by the Sounds of the Season CDs blaring in all retail outlets since the week before Halloween!

Pictures are hard to come by these days, as it is dusk when I leave work and completely DARK by the time we arrive home. So, I'm doing what I can with the daylight that I can scrounge up. At some point this month I took this one:

It is a 'Durning' shot of the pool process with all the support up and pipe installed. You think they need to use any more pipes?

Then the concrete was poured. There were huge tarps up for that part, so you couldn't really see in to watch it being sprayed. Following the cement came a serious rain and our back yard became a soupy, pile of red mud!

A few more raindrops and the pool will be full!

The larger door unit is going up in the outdoor living area. The two doors on the sides will be stationary and one day Husband will fill them with his beautiful stained glass. I'm not rushing all the glass work because I do like having my husband around. I know if he were to finish all his 'projects' before we move in, he'd be living at the glass studio! 

The kitchen cabinets are coming in one wall at a time.

The cabinets in the laundry room are up too! Look at all this lovely storage!

I remember being younger and my mom and aunts getting excited over tables, dishes, counter tops, etc. I also remember thinking how could anyone be that excited over stuff in a house?!?! Boring! I'll take a trampoline... Easy Bake Oven...Oh, and a pony! Now that's exciting. However, listen up Mom and Aunts, I get it. I apologize. I now get excited over storage.
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mel, you make me smile.