Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Just a little sistahood

This July, I had the opportunity to join some pretty fabulous ladies in Orlando for the Chi Omega National Convention. 

I'm not going to lie...I did not want to go. Summer had been a blur so far, and we had just returned from a 6 hour car ride (read: 10 hour trip with a potty training 2 year-old) for a family wedding. But I sucked it up and went.

I'm sooooo glad that I did!!!
It was one of the most inspiring trips that I've ever been on! Just 15 minutes into our first session and we were getting advice from a former National president. Everywhere we turned were the most amazingly accomplished women...and we all shared this common bond of sisterhood. 

AND Disney! (well, about 5 hours of Disney...but we did get to ride Space Mountain, so it counts!)


I seriously did not feel worthy to be in the same room with such fabulous and successful women! 


 We learned so much to bring back to our own chapter, and left pumped up to come home and take on the Fall Semester! 


And just a few short weeks later, I met up with some other dear friends in Atlanta for a reunion weekend for Troy Chi O's. What should have been a quick 3 hour road trip turned into a 7 hour adventure, and quite possibly landing Kim on a "People of Walmart" slideshow somewhere. 


Saturday morning, we all gathered at a Sips and Strokes for lunch and to show off our creative sides. 


The blondes v. the brunettes! 


There was a really good turn out and pledge classes ranged from the early 80's to 2013! 


Believe it or not, we were all trying to paint the same picture! 


The real secret to these paintings is the mimosas! 


For some reason, I can't get this picture to rotate properly, so here is your neck exercise for the day! 
Tilt to the right


After painting, the reunion continued as we headed out to a cool tapas restaurant for dinner. 


The goal for the weekend was to get this group picture in the next issue of our National magazine.
 I'll let ya know how that goes :) 


A few of us even ventured out on the town after dinner to relive our glory days and dance our toenail polish off! A good time was had by all and I am incredibly thankful to have had a much needed weekend with my girls! You guys are good for my soul!



No comments: