Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

That's my baby

My baby girl is not such a baby anymore. 

I've chosen to ignore the signs... losing the paci, walking, converting the crib to a toddler bed, potty training, and even growing enough hair to have her first pig tails.

This, however, is a sign that cannot be ignored.


That's right! Smalls got her ears pierced! 


She picked out a pair of fabulous Hello Kitty studs and was pretty content as long as she had her blue sucker. 


Then came the death-grip-mega-hold that I had to put her in to ensure that she didn't wiggle when it was go-time. She was not a fan of that. But those ladies double teamed her and it was over in less than a second. They are ear piercing rock stars in my book!


Then my sweet baby cried "They hurted me!" 
(Now that broke my heart and only then did I stop to question whether or not it was too early for earrings.) 


Despite that look on my face!


Smalls LOVED her new earrings and was excited to be a big girl and have ears like her big sisters!


Then Husband treated us all to pretzel bites and a smoothies before we headed home.


This whole week, she's been showing and telling anyone that will listen about her new earrings! She just looks and acts so grown-y now! 
Sigh....I guess it's time to retire the name Smalls....

No comments: