Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

XO bid day

Eleven years ago, I went through sorority rush  just so that I could move into my dorm room one week early and avoid the madness they call "Welcome Weekend." I just wanted to meet people and have my room set up before school started, I wasn't going to be a sorority girl.
HA!
Little did I know what was about to happen. Not only did I pledge Chi Omega, but I LOVED it and the people I met there litterally changed my life. I met my best friends. I got involved in all kinds of organizations on campus that I would have never known about AND was allowed to serve my chapter in some leadership roles. Those girls believed in me. They encouraged me. They were my home away from home (literally, as I lived in the sorority house).

As a grown up, I'm now a part of the Advisory Board and I like to host the Chi O Bid Day party at my house each Fall.

One of my favorite parts of hosting this event is the alumni that come back to help out! These ladies were in my pledge class!


Cousin Lara


There is a banner for every occasion :)


My sun room doubles as a buffet when you remove the furniture.


Please note the super cute owl cake toppers designed and crafted by my incredibly talented (and cute) husband.

And this was my back yard! At least 100 people at my house and a majority of them were in the pool!


G even got in on the action and jumped in with Cousin Lara.


And these are my 44 New Members (and their "Owl Pals")! Hello freshmen and the new energy and excitement that you bring.



Bring on the Fall Semester! This is going to be a great year, I can feel it! Bring on football, sweaters, boots...oh, what's that you say? We're in south Alabama. Okay, then...just bring on the football.

No comments: