Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Telling Others (and type-o's)

**Please note, this was written in several installments and I just don't have the heart to proof read before hitting post. If I took the time to fix it, you'd never get to read it. So here goes...warts and all...**

One of the fun parts of being pregnant is getting to tell the non-suspecting family and friends our good news!
The first to find out were the girls.

As you can see by G's face, she was excited from the very beginning. Diva, however, would not believe that we were telling the truth. (I guess a couple of April Fools jokes will get that reaction.)

So, after producing every ultrasound picture we had AND taking an oath on the Holy Bible, she finally believed us! Both girls are really excited and will only refer to the baby as Sister.

Next on the list we had parents, siblings, and my grandmothers. We had planned a family cook out at our house and telling everyone then, but unforeseen circumstances kept popping up and gradually our attendees were dropping off like flies. Clearly they were unaware of the importance of their presence.

Husband's parents were going out of town for an art show, so we had to catch them before they left. Mimi was thrilled and Grandpa said that he already knew. Hmmm... My parents couldn't come due to a relative that was in the hospital, so we decided to drive up to see them under the disguise of hospital visiting as well. On the way there, the girls drew pictures for them...and I hate it, but I didn't get the first picture of their masterpieces. G's picture to my dad was a drawing of the floor plan of our 1st floor with the word office scratched out and replaced with nursery. Diva's picture to mom was a little stick figure family with my stick person being extremely well-rounded. It took mom forever to realize exactly how to interpret this piece of art. (And then she burst out in tears.) My Dad said that he already knew!  Hmm...our dads and their feelings. Maybe they should give me some lotto numbers! I called my brother to tell him, and about half way through the conversation I had to throw the phone at mom so that I could run to the bathroom.
Oh, yes...the sickness has arrived in full force.

Next on the list: friends and co-workers. I have such a lovely group of co-workers, and most of us have been together since our pre-opening office 4 years ago. They all know me, and my fear of little babies, all too well so I knew I had to capture their reactions on camera!
I put a departmental Facebook photo day on their calendars.
(so they'd at least be dressed all snazzy, right?!)
On said picture day, I said "One...Two...Three...Everyone say Mel's having a baby!!!"


I don't know about you, but I'd say they look pretty surprised. :) Especially the one in pink!!! 

Here are our office Moms-to-be (the one on the right with twins)

**and since this picture was taken in August we've had 2 more office baby announcements! Something is in the water for sure!

1 comment:

molly b. said...

Mel! You and your craftiness never cease to amaze me. Telling everyone it was office picture day? That's rich!

I love you and I miss you so.

Hope you feel better very soon.