Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

16 week appointment

Baby Adams is trucking right along and we're now winding down week 17.  Over these past few months I've developed a new best friend, Johnny:


We're quite inseparable these days! :) Whoever decided to call it morning sickness is mean and evil. For me, its been all day queasiness followed by random sickness a couple of times a day...with at least one of those times being at work. (not cool)

September 12th was our 16 week appointment. On the way there, Husband had to pull over...on the interstate...for me to get sick. When we got to the doctor's office, they weighed me and I was down another pound. At this news, I turned into an emotional wreck...aka, the ugly cry. Now, I'm not one to cry...especially not in front of people, but hormones do crazy things to one's ability to control the waterworks! My sweet nurse assured me that the baby is getting exactly what he/she needs even though I am losing weight. Doc came in and decided it was time to try a new nausea medicine, called Reglan. Then we got to hear a strong, little heart beat!! That makes all the sickness worth it!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! This Reglan is a miracle drug!!!


I actually feel like a human again! Honestly, I'd forgotten what it was like NOT to feel queasy! These wonder drugs came just in time to allow me to participate in our next adventure, but I'll tell you more about that later!

No comments: