Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Settled

I am truly thankful to actually be living in this house! What is one of the most fun parts of moving in?  Friends popping in to check things out! I love having people over and this gives everyone a great excuse to have to come see us! AND, even better,  they expect things to be messy because you just moved in! Love it! Now, just how long am I allowed to use this expectation?


Husband has put "raindrop glass" in all the upper cabinet doors. I know he loves my technical terms for his glass and will cringe if he ever reads this. (Sorry, Love!) He tells me this glass is temporary until he can make something else, but I really love the raindrops.  What do you think?


As you can see here, we still have a few cabinet doors that are being painted, but those should be finished and installed soon. I didn't let that stop me from unpacking and staring at open cabinets.



Books are out of boxes and onto shelves. Yes! Shelves! Something we didn't have in the old house.


I'm not really sure why we didn't have any shelves. I mean, I'm a fan of books...and shelves. One day I'd love to have a bookcase with our books grouped by color.
Until that happens, I'll just daydream about this:

Not my house. I repeat. Not my house.
The first pictures have been hung!!!  
I confess, we've had those frames for about 3 years. They were pewter-colored and had ugly water color prints in them. Husband brushed them with white paint so that, now, they're mostly white with just a hint of the metal color shining through. The prints were removed and I had these pictures of the girls enlarged to fit the matte. A level, ladder, and stud finder later...they were hung!

  
Our room is starting to come together. Once upon a time, the headboard was actually a door. I'm not sure how long it sat (abandoned) in the basement of the Glass Studio, but Husband re-discovered it and spruced it up a bit. I thought I was just marrying an accountant yawn but little did I realize all of his DIY talents.


The bedside tables are the same but we decided to paint them white to give them a fresh start in their new room. The boxes that I haven't unpacked yet are stashed in storage under the window seat.


We're getting used to life in the new bathroom. At 5am it is still a struggle to remember where I've put things. I will say that I am LOVING the his/her toothpaste drawers! One thing we can never seem to agree on is where to squeeze the toothpaste. I'm a start-from-the-bottom kind of girl and Husband just grabs it from where ever.


The closet is one piece of trim away from being from being complete, so we're still living out of suitcases. Our clothes will be the last thing to finally move from the old house. Above is the "His" side of the closet. Apparently I forgot to take a "Hers" picture, but it is basically the same...the only difference is that I have shelves going all the way up the middle instead of the chest of drawers. The bottom shelves slant downward so that I can use them as shoe racks.


The office furniture has been placed and I hope it never has to be moved again. Or, if it does need to be moved, I hope there is a strong guy taking my place in the moving process.

Any guesses as to which side of the desk is mine? :)


We painted one of our old tables and gave it a new home in the foyer.


I have been getting my workout keeping the dust off these floors!

Husband worked last week at the Glass Studio to wrap up the bathroom windows and I really love how they turned out.


Now, before you think that I've got my act completely together and that we're totally settled after just two weeks...What do you think about the dining room? :)


At least one of us is completely settled into his new home.

(shhh...don't tell Gertie!)

No comments: