Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to School

Sadly, it is that time again...The end of the summer and the beginning of a new school year. I am an advisor for the Chi Omega sorority in my town, so this also means recruitment time.
Last week was full of late nights at the sorority house surrounded by the most energetic group of ladies. I had forgotten how quiet this town can be over the summer when they're all gone! It really was a fun time, although I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep.
We all waited in the 100 degree south Alabama heat and humidity for the newest members to run across the hill to the XO house. I will say, my new member educator picked out some cute bags for the girls...I've got my eye out for one of the extras!
 Waiting for the new members to get there was even more exciting this year. Husband and I both have cousins that will be freshmen this year and were going through recruitment. I was beyond excited to find out that they would BOTH be members of my sorority. It is a fun experience to share with other young women, but even more so to share with my own family. I know they've chosen a wonderful home away from home and will make so many awesome memories over the next four years.
My cousin (on the left) with her new "owl pal."
Husband's cousin and I manage to look cool in this picture...even though we were sweating like men!!!
All that action took place last week, and this week was the first week of school for our ladies. Diva is in the 9th grade and started her first year at the High School. G is in the 5th grade so this will be her last year in the elementary school. 
Their schools made the switch to uniforms a couple of years ago and I am a huge fan! Not only do all the students look nice and neat, but it makes our morning routine way easier! The girls had a great first week and enjoyed getting to see their friends after the short summer.
Sweet sisters! I hope they are always as close as they are now.

No comments: