Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Let There Be Concrete

We were beside ourselves when we got the call from Foundation Guy that he was starting on Saturday. You know we were out there as soon as possible to check out the progress and take a few pictures to share.

This maze of dirt will one day be a front porch:


From this point of view I felt that it looked HUGE!!! And that's when I learned that the house will fit inside the wooden 'fence' area.


I am also learning all types of new lingo. Apparently the 'fence area' is called batter (badder?) boards.
**builders who just cringed while reading that, please let me know**

But wait! There's more!!! This is what is going on today!

Lets hear it for the Concrete Trucks!
(wish I could jump through and trim that tree)

And, just for fun, this is the Jasmine plant in our current back yard. It makes for heavenly aromatherapy while lounging in that hammock!



...then it took over the pine tree.

Amen.

No comments: