Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Wadley

 Wadley. My hometown. The place my college friends affectionately called Mayberry. 
Where I graduated from a (public) high school with a class of 23 students.
No traffic lights. Two police cars. Virtually NO cell service...until recently. And if you needed anything, you better get it early, because they roll the sidewalks up at 8 pm!!
Here's a little known fact. I didn't learn how to pump gas until I went off to college, because I always stopped at George's Texaco and they pumped it for you! 

A couple of weekends ago, my girl went to spend the weekend with my parents. She slept in a crib in my old room and had her Papa and Honey at her beck and call. Basically she was on vacation! I went up that Monday and stayed a few days before taking her home. 

That Monday night we had a terrible storm and the power was out ALL EVENING LONG! So we enjoyed  an old fashioned dinner by lantern light and good conversation. 

We also got to go visit with Mowmow in the nursing home. I love this picture because it looks like they are in deep conversation.  


Smalls enjoyed jumping on the bed, pushing buttons, and waving at the nurses as they walked by. 


I know this is a terrible iPhone snap, but I LOVE Mowmow's expression in this one! We actually caught a smile!


Four generations! It was truly a special day. 


Afterwards, we had dinner with Little Grandmother....and I'm not sure how I failed to get a picture with her. (It may have had something to do with the fact that MC ate her weight in green beans that night and got food all over herself and the floor!) 

If you'll remember, Little Grandmother lives just across the road, so I walked over for coffee and biscuits in the morning too! Just a perk of having a Grandmother at arm's reach! 

While I was home, I drove up to have dinner with some high school friends. Seeing these guys and catching up was good for the heart!!! A lot has changed over the past 12 years but I love the way we pick right up where we left off like it was just yesterday! 


Smalls got to help Papa in the yard!


She loved riding the lawn mower and playing with Troy, their rather large dog. And by playing, I mean he would walk by and she would say "woof, woof." 


I think Papa enjoyed his little sidekick too!


Just wait till you get a little bigger, Baby Girl, and he really will put you to work :)


We had a fun visit, and Papa and Honey were sad to see us leave...but Daddy and the Big Sisters were ready for this little one to come back home!





No comments: