Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

That Darn Cat

Two years ago a certain kitty strolled confidently into our lives. With a simple flick of his long, fluffy tail, he seemed to say "Hey. I like this house you're building. I believe I'll stay and you can be my people." 
And stay he did. He made himself right at home. ...especially on the couch!


Though he is very much an outdoor kitty, he does get to sleep inside on those cold winter nights.  
(Its the least I could do considering we took away his manhood.)

Louie and I bonded rather quickly. Possibly due to our love of naps, and we did have many of those over the course of my pregnancy. 


Perhaps that's why my girl loves him so.


The feeling is mutual. Check out his fierce face! Those eyes clearly warn that he will scratch the face off anyone that messes with his baby! 


Occasionally Louie will take little vacations. ...stay gone a few days...and then just show back up, asking for dinner, as if nothing ever happened.

I even had a chat with Husband about this. Do you think he has another family somewhere that thinks he belongs to them? Maybe they trap him inside so that he can't come home? What if they call him Fluffy!?!? Husband sweetly assured me that cats are cats and they roam. Its what they do. 

Well, last week we were visiting with our backdoor neighbor. We had casual conversation about the weather, family, health, his pesky sweet gum limbs that hang over our pool... you know, the usual. Backdoor neighbor then glances across the yard and says "Oh, Hi Mr. Carmel!!" (pronounced Car-mel...not care-a-mel as most southerners would say) We looked over to see that we were being introduced to LOUIE!!! The two-timing cat that we had fixed because we thought he was a stray!!! 

Lou-eeeee....you have some 'splainin' to do!!!








No comments: