Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

30.

As I alluded to in my last post, and kinda left out on purpose, I had a birthday. And it was a big one. 

30.

The birthday rules clearly state that when your birthday ends in a zero, you get to celebrate the whole month. So I've been enjoying birthday month.  ...and, as luck would have it, I discovered a new favorite cupcake. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Why, hello 30! You're looking pretty good thus far!

I've been trying to prepare myself for this birthday, and until recently I wasn't sure how I'd feel about no longer being in my twenties. Hmmm...  As it turns out, I'm okay with it. (This is when being married to someone 13 years older is especially helpful.) 

I mean, just think about your twenties for a second. 

There are a lot of changes that happened in those ten years. Mine started out as a junior Marketing major and ended as a domestic engineer with three kids. During my twenties I graduated college, got my MBA, lived in Mexico for a while, got my first job, met and married the love of my life, and became a mom. That was also when I got my first digital camera and began uploading my pictures. Here's a little gem I dug up from senior formal.



If all that happened in my twenties, I can't wait to see what the thirties bring! 

Thirty and Flirty and Thriving!



No comments: